Keep meeting with yourself as you would with anyone else. Find time for yourself and do something that you enjoy. Give yourself a break. Include activities in your to-do lists that entails meeting with yourself and make sure to keep it. It is very important to insist on time alone.
How to schedule a time for yourself?
- Evenings with yourself. Save some weeknights for your alone time. Use the time doing a hobby, enjoying the scenery, exercise, meditation, or the ultimate luxury of doing nothing.
- Monthly Treat. Once a month schedule to treat yourself. Get a spa treatment, explore a new place, go to a favorite restaurant, indulge in something that you desire, and enjoy.
- Buy Tickets in Advance. Watch those concerts, theater shows, movies, or any event that you wanted, buying the ticket in advance is making it happen.
- Leave Work on Time. Schedule at least a day in a week that you have to leave work on time and enjoy that spare time.
- Exercise. Start with walking at least 20 minutes and build on that success daily.
Develop a habit of making time for yourself and it will benefit you in the long run. Sometimes, our creativity is sharpened in those alone times. Try arriving a few minutes early for appointments and have that time alone. Breath deeply, be still and check-in with yourself.
Plot those plans in your LP planner, now. If you do not have one yet. Grab now and start living an intentional life.
Want to hear more…