NATURAL LAW OF 80/20

Where does it come from?

I am awake for about 18 hours of the day.  Six hours of sleep seems to be my sweet spot. I spend about ONE hour over at Iron Tribe Fitness in the mornings.  I spend ONE hour reading something for my personal growth after that.  I spend about ONE & A HALF hours re-energizing with meals throughout the day and another 15-20 MINUTES or so reflecting on my day and planning the next one.  That’s close to FOUR HOURS of my day doing things that focus my mind and energize my body.  Those four hours make up for nearly 20% of my daily awake time.

On days I commit to getting that 20% in, I find myself immensely more productive.

On days I fall off that 20% train, I end up feeling disconnected, chaotic, and unproductive.  Of course, I can still “get stuff done” on those days that I lose the 20%, but it feels busy, not productive.  “Things” happen but results don’t.

That 20% of my day is directly responsibility for at least 80% of the productivity I experience

That 20% of my day gives me what I need to make sure that I get done what I need to get done.  Without it, I find myself only effectively doing a fraction of what I planned on doing. Like the Natural Law of 80/20 states: 80% of just about anything comes from 20% of something.  We know it’s true for us that 80% of our productivity comes from how we spend 20% of our day.

So, what can you do for 20% of your day that will help you produce results during the other 80%? 

Use the Natural Law of 80/20 not just to guide your week but to guide your life.  As always, shoot me and email at Maria@LifePlanner.guru to share your stories using the Natural Law of 80/20.  For more information on Natural Laws, visit www.StevenJAnderson.com.

 

Share on:

Currently all training events are sold out – Please contact us to apply/register for your training