Passion is about emotions, motivation and what makes us feel good, i.e. “do what you love”. The purpose is the reason, or the why behind what we do. Purpose is given to you while passion is created by you.
Passion is often connected to your innate abilities, talent, and desires. It is what you love to do and do well without feeling stressed or compelled. When you have passion for something, you will strive towards its mastery, and this boosts your productivity. This is why most successful people are people with great passion.
Your purpose is your “why”. The reason you do what you do. It is the motivation behind your actions and pursuits in life. Purpose is very important in life because it gives your direction and keeps your focus.
The challenge is how to connect your purpose with your passion. But before you can connect your passion with purpose, you have to first identify what your passions are and what your purpose is.
To discover your passion you have to ask questions like:
- What things do I do that give me joy?
- Which subjects interest me to learn and learn more?
- What job/work can I volunteer to do for a long time without financial reward?
- What makes me feel “in the zone”?
- What do I do very skillfully, easily, and delightfully?
To discover your purpose, ask yourself the following:
- Why do I have this gift?
- Why do I have that talent?
- Why is it so easy for me to do this while I struggle to do other things?
- Why do issues like these bother me when I don’t care about some other issues?
After you have discovered your passions and purpose you must follow and consider these practical suggestions to connect the two.
- Examine Your Life
- Begin to Live With Conviction
- Redirect Your Passion
- Embrace New Opportunities
- Make Major Adjustments
Life gets more beautiful when you are able to connect your passion with your purpose. Live your life and be proud to be alive.
Let us help you uncover your passions and purpose and eventually connect it.
Watch this to know more…